Last Saturday, NASA reported the moon would be closer to Earth than it had been in 18 years. Experts termed it the 'Super Moon'. Gave the excuse for photoshoot loving boyfriend to whip out his lens for a beauty shot for the moon.
Here's his take for the shiny egg of the sky.
And here's my take for the awesome eggs of my kitchen. Taah daaahh! Tasty crispy panko-crusted eggs with oozing gooey yolk.
Crispy Fried Soft Boiled Eggs
Eggs (Up to 8 for the batter amount), cold
25g all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp Bolognese blend spices
1 egg, beaten
40g panko breadcrumbs
1. Boil water in a saucepan, enough to cover the eggs
2. Put eggs into boiling water, & let it boil for 5-7 mins (I boil 2 at a time, did 5 mins 30 secs gives a runny yolk like mine. Will do 6 mins 30 secs for a more cooked yolk)
3. Remove eggs from boiling water & soak it in an iced water bath for >15mins
4. Prepare 3 bowls - First bowl: combination of flour, salt, pepper and spices blend. Second bowl: beaten egg. Third bowl: panko breadcrumbs.
5. Gently peel off cooled eggs' shells and coat them with flour mixture, then dip them into beaten egg, then finally rolling them in the breadcrumbs.
6. Heat a saucepan on medium high heat with cooking oil reaching up to the midway of the eggs' height.
7. Place coated eggs into the heated oil for about 15 to 20 seconds. Turning quickly just to brown both sides of the eggs. Remove eggs from oil as soon as it becomes golden brown.