These muffins aren't exactly the best tasting in the world. Kinda lacking in the peanut butter flavor. Would also like it tad sweeter. Peanut butter and banana is an interesting combination though as it smells really lovely when I made the batter. More importantly, the texture is somewhat like chinese steamcakes. Dense and not fluffy. Why?!! Because.............uhh...yea, it's explained below.
So I put the muffins into the oven for baking and turned my back, spotted a lonely egg sitting on top of the kitchen counter. OMGFFFFFFUUUU!!! Realised that I've forgotten to beat in the egg. -_-"
So there we go, an accidental eggless muffin**
Accidental Eggless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
(makes 6 muffins)
120g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
30g salted butter (you can use unsalted butter and add a pinch of salt)
30g peanut butter
60g white granulated sugar (add more for sweetness)
225g bananas, mashed (extra for garnishing)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl
3. Cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer, until pale yellow and creamy
4. Add in peanut butter and blend well
5. Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined
6. Spoon muffin batter into muffin cups
7. Slice extra bananas and place on top of batter
10. Bake for 20-25 mins and transfer to wire rack to cool
** The muffins vanished when I woke up the next morning. Mom took them to her workplace and told me the recipe is a keeper. She thinks it tastes great - moist and refreshing. She said the commercially prepared ones reek of artificial vanilla and she loves how natural this one tastes. Uhh, guess our tastebuds are different.