Friday, September 10, 2010

Cheddar Ham Muffins

The past 2 weeks actually had been pretty awful for me. Ultra moody everyday. Seriously...when you wake up in the morning, you wish the day will end with a snap of fingers. But I'm glad I made it to the weekends. Don't feel like going home to get caught between a domestic dispute. Bf was out of town (and still is) to destination unknown. Guess I was trying not to think too much of him in case I get lovesick. Plus I caught the flu bug due to the temperamental weather, kinda worried now if I'll recover in time before my half marathon this Sunday.

Whilst I was missing my bf, I was secretly thrilled that I had a lot of time for myself. I was occupied with activities with friends and colleagues in the weekends. It reaffirms to me that my relationship is heading the right way as I don't find myself feeling lost due to having my life revolving solely around one person that I had nowhere to go nor had no invitations for outings in the weekends. And I'm happy that I have him as my bf, he's always the most understanding and accommodating person.

Having the long weekend for myself means I have more time for baking! Baked savory breakfast muffins for sister and her boyfriend. Savory muffins are pretty new to me, the results were kind of disappointing though. I was expecting cheese to ooze out from the muffins as they were promising with all the fizzling and cracking while inside the oven. Guess not! The cheddar gave the muffin an overall cheesy taste but sorry, no cheese ooze. Other than that, it's pretty filling for breakfast.
Cheddar Ham Muffins
makes 6 muffins

Ingredients:
70g all purpose flour
65g corn meal
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of coarse black pepper
Pinch of blended herbs - rosemary, thyme, red pepper
55g salted butter, melted
120ml milk, room temperature
1 large egg
1 tbsp sugar
70g cheddar cheese, shredded
30g honey baked ham, chopped into bits

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 190°C
2. Whisk together flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt, black pepper and herbs in a bowl
3. In another bowl, whisk melted butter, milk, egg and sugar together until well combined
4. Pour the liquid mixture over dry ingredients, and gently stir to blend until just combined
5. Add ham and cheese and stir just 2 strokes to combine
6. Divide batter evenly over muffin cups
7. Bake for abt 25 mins and transfer pan to a cooling rack
8. Let muffins cool in rack and serve them warm

No comments:

Post a Comment